EA Locus in Focus - Open Call 21.01
February 6 - March 1, 2021
Invites applications for its first open call for master’s degree final year students who will complete their studies in 2021.
ELIGIBILITY: Final Year Master’s Degree students studying in art colleges within West Bengal irrespective of area of permanent residence, who will complete their courses in 2021.
MEDIUM: All mediums welcome (Drawing /Painting /Sculpture /Printmaking /Photography /Video & New Media/ Installations/Public & Community Arts Projects/ Performance Art)
• Deadline: 8th March 2021
• 10 artists will be selected by a jury.
• These selected artists will be part of a curated onsite (physical) exhibition at Emami Arts Kolkata in April 2021.
• Results declared by 27th March
• Period of exhibition – 15th April to 15th May 2021 at Emami Art, Kolkata.
Three artists will be selected by the jury for special awards:
1. One month residency with Emami Art 2021/22. (Subject to pandemic situation. If for any reason the residency cannot be held in 2021, it will be postponed to 2022)
2. Travel and living grant to visit Kochi Biennale 2021/22 or India Art Fair, Delhi or Serendipity Arts Festival, Goa. ( Terms & Conditions to be shared later)
3. Online solo exhibition with Emami Art in 2021. (An online exhibition on Emami Arts website)
Only ONE PDF of maximum 10 mb size with all details asked for below will be accepted.
Please download form from below
• Maximum 6 images with particulars (title/size/medium/year of execution/ and a few lines about each work). You can give up to two details of same image.
• In case of videos please share links (only for up to 6 videos) (title/duration of video /year of execution/ and a few lines about each work) You can give up to two details of same image.
• In case of performance art please share stills + video links only (for up to 6 works) (title/duration/ year of execution/ and a few lines about each work). You can give up to two details of same image.
• In case of Public/community/Installations please share documentation with details. If sharing videos please only share links. (of up to 6 works) (title/size/medium/ year of execution /and a few lines about each work) You can give up to two details of same image.
• Short bio data (100 words)
• Concept note (maximum 300 words Bangla/English)
• Photo of artist
• Address, email, WhatsApp number, Facebook & Instagram Handles.
• Website details if any.
• The form will be submitted only as a Pdf of less than 10 mb size.
• Please provide a reference (teacher of your Institute)
• All works submitted will be available for exhibition if selected.
• Works will not be older than 2 years (works must have been done during the artists master’s programme)
• Works should not have been displayed previously in any exhibition (online & offline).
• Works for the exhibition will be selected from the 6 works shared in the portfolio.
• Installation or sculptural works of very large sizes may not be considered.
• Late and incomplete submissions will not be considered.
All completed applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• All exhibits will be selection by a Jury. Selection & Judging committee has full authority to accept or reject any exhibit. The decision of the Committee will be final, no communication on this issue will be entertained.
• Selected artists will be intimated after the selection.
SUBMISSION OF ORIGINAL WORK/S BY SELECTED ARTISTS ONLY
• Selected artists will have to submit the selected work in original, in person to the Emami Art Gallery.
• Date & Time of Submission : Will be Intimated later
Emami Art will not be responsible for insurance charges. Emami Art will take every possible care of the exhibits submitted, but will not be liable for any damage.
REPRODUCTION & COPYRIGHT
Emami Art reserves the right to reproduce the image of the exhibit accepted for the exhibition for catalogue / publicity purpose.
• Artists will be intimated about collection date of works post show.
• If we wish to keep any work on consignment artists will be intimated. Consignment period is minimum 6 months.
• All works, unless specified, will be considered available for sale.
• Pricing will be decided by in-house sales team in consultation with artist.
• Painting, drawing, graphic etc., must be suitably framed and sculpture secured suitably with pedestals.
• All work details must be properly filled in the form.
• Emami Art may accept works in fragile medium like clay, terracotta, glass or plaster of Paris on the entire risk of the artist and Emami Art will not be responsible for any damage.
For further enquiries Contact us at email@example.com / +91 6292237612