Deadline 15th April, 2022
Emami Art All-India Open call, Award and Exhibition 2022
Emami Art Invites applications for its All-India Open Call for master's degree final year art students + those who have completed their post-graduation in the art within the last three years.
Emami Art has actively supported young talents and promoted contemporary regional voices through its Locus in Focus programme. This year the open call is extended to the further reaches of the country. The programme will support talented young art students and recent graduates through awards/grants and mentorship and a platform to exhibit their works.
An invited jury panel will select ten artists who will be a part of an onsite (physical) exhibition at Emami Arts Kolkata in June 2022 and eligible for Award selection.
HOW TO APPLY:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Short bio data (100 words)
- Concept note (maximum 300 words)
- Photo of artist
- Address, email, WhatsApp number, Facebook & Instagram Handles.
- Website details, if any.
- Maximum 8 images with particulars (title/size/medium/year of execution/ and a few lines about each work). You can give up to two details of same image.
- In case of videos please share links (only for up to 6 videos) (title/duration of video /year of execution/ and a few lines about each work) You can give up to two still images of same image.
- In case of performance art please share stills + video links only (for up to 6 works) (title/duration/ year of execution/ and a few lines about each work). You can give up to two still images of same.
- One letter of reference from a senior artist, curator, gallerist, professor who knows the applicant for two years.
- The application pdf must mention the name of the gallery if the artist is represented by a gallery.
- The selected applicant will be responsible for the transportation of the works to the gallery.
The Jury committee includes
Tasneem Zakaria Mehta, managing trustee and honorary director of Mumbai's Dr Bhau Daji Lad Museum, Jaya Ashokan the director of India art fair, Inakshi Sobti, CEO of Asia Society India Centre, Jagannath Panda, acclaimed contemporary Indian artist and lastly Veeranganakumari Solanki independent curator and writer based in India.
The jury committee will select ten artists as a part of an onsite exhibition at Emami Art Kolkata. Moreover, they will select three artists for special awards.
The eminent jurors will also select three artists for awards of -
2 lakh + One-month residency with Emami Art Dec 2022. (Subject to the pandemic situation)
1.50 lakh + Travel and living grant to visit an Art Fair, Arts Festival, or Biennale within India (Subject to the pandemic situation)
1.0 lakh + Solo exhibition with Emami Art in 2022. (An online exhibition on Emami Arts website)
All exhibits will be selected by a Jury. The selection & Judging committee has full authority to accept or reject any exhibit. The decision of the Committee will be final, no communication on this issue will be entertained.
Only selected artists will be intimated about the selection.
Drawing/ Painting/ Sculpture/ Printmaking/ Photography/ Video & New Media/ Performance Art
- All works submitted for jury selection must be available for exhibition if selected.
- Works for the exhibition will be selected from the 8 works shared in the portfolio.
- Works will not be older than two years.
- Works should not have been displayed previously in any exhibition (online & offline).
- Sculptural installation works of very large sizes may not be considered.
- Previous winners of Emami Art open call/residency cannot apply for 2 years from their winning application
- DEADLINE for application extended to 15th April 2022 (midnight)
- List of participants May 2022 (date to be announced later)
- Award winner’s announcement & onsite exhibition in June 2022 at Emami Art (date to be announced later)
- Jury names to be announced in March 2022
IMAGINARIUM 2.0 Emami Art All-India Open call, Award and Exhibition 2022 results will be on announced on 1st August 2022