OPEN CALL EMAMI ART EXPERIMENTAL FILM FESTIVAL 2022
Emami Art invites submission of outside the box films from East and North-East India
Apply until - 12th September 2022 Onsite
Emami Art invites submission of outside-the-box films from East and North-East India
Inspired by the positive feedback from our 2020 online documentary film festival organised during the lockdown, Emami Art now moves a step forward with an Experimental Film Fest (Onsite) scheduled for late 2022. The festival will be a part of the EA Locus in Focus programme, aiming to bridge the gap between central and peripheral practices in contemporary art. With EAEFF we hope to create a platform to bring forth the Eastern and North Eastern regional narratives in contemporary filmmaking deserving of our attention, thus opening a multitude discourse between the maker and audience.
Through this open-call, we shall actively consider films that re-define the language of cinema, whether in the narrative, aesthetic or technological terms. This festival being a part of the EA Locus in Focus programme, currently we are seeking submissions only from East and North East India (Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland, Manipur & Mizoram, Andaman and Nicobar Isles). Unfortunately, this time we won’t be able to accommodate films outside the mentioned geographical locus.
Along with the open call selection we will also host films by notable practitioners in the field in the curated category. Simultaneously with the screening, we hope to put up a small exhibition that will provide some glimpses into their making. To instigate a more democratic interaction between the makers and the audience, we will organise panel discussions and talks where filmmakers and other professionals from the field will speak of their experiences.
PROCESS OF SELECTION:
All the submitted films will be reviewed by a Jury. The selection & Judging committee has full authority to accept or reject any film. The decision of the Committee will be final; no communication on this issue will be entertained.
Only Selected filmmakers will be intimated.
Among the selected films that will be screened, two films by two different filmmakers/collective will be selected by the jury for an award of excellence worth 50000 INR each.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Application can be made only by filling the Google Form clicking on the following link:
2. All the mandatory fields should be filled up, otherwise the application will be considered incomplete.
3. Films should be made around or tell stories of East and North East India (Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland, Manipur & Mizoram, Andaman and Nicobar Isles).
4. Films can be of any duration
5. Films can be Fiction or Non-fiction.
6. Preferably, the film has to be uploaded to Vimeo with password protection and this Vimeo link and password have to be submitted through filling up the Google Form.
Alternatively, it can be uploaded to Google drive and access shared with firstname.lastname@example.org
7. One film-maker/collective can submit up to two films. For each film a separated filled up Google Form has to be submitted.
8. Collectives will have to apply under one person.
9. The resolution of the film has to be at least Full HD with H.264 codec.
10. The audio of the film has to be 2-track (Stereo) PCM in 48000hz sample rate and 24bit bit-depth.
If the audio is in other format, please downmix into stereo.
Please note any unprofessional or hurried submission won't be accepted.
If a film is selected then its BTS, production stills, important props or anything interesting related to selected film can be exhibited in the collateral exhibition. This can be decided discussing with the curators.
1. DEADLINE for applications extended to 12th September 2022.
2. The final selection of films will be announced by 15th October 2022.
For further information, please contact +91 9832 841 265