Counterpoint, the Emami Art blog, invites articles on the modern and contemporary Indian art and growing artistic discourses in South Asia.
Apply until September 30
Under the umbrella of EA Discourse, Emami Art is committed to producing, developing, and imparting knowledge as well as creating a growing archive.
Counterpoint, the Emami Art blog, was initiated as part of this endeavor to promote original writing on the modern and contemporary Indian art and growing artistic discourses in South Asia. The Open Call invites articles around the following areas:
1. Critical discourse: Articles on visual art, art conservation, photography, design, architecture, and other cultural fields
2. Amplification of lesser-known narratives: Articles exploring modern and contemporary artists whose work is significant but not widely known.
3. Interviews: Interviews of artists, art historians, and collectors on specific subjects.
4. Historical contexts: Articles on artists or artworks from a specific period.
5. Book reviews: Review of books on Indian art and artistic discourses.
Application materials would include:
•The blog article should be original and not published previously. It typically run from 800 to 1000 words and should be written in English and shared as word doc only.
•You may include up to 5 JPEG images (300 dpi each) to support the article. Please share the details of each image in a separate word doc with due image credit for each.
•A bibliography and hyperlinks where necessary.
•A photo of the author with a short bio (up to 100 words)
Please send your submissions at email@example.com on or before 30th September, 2022.
If you have any queries, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th August 2022